Monday, January 01, 2007

I'm just as surprised as you are





I only had a few rows left, so with Christmas gifts gifted I forced (forced!) myself to pick the beebee hat back up. Okay, maybe I started a new project first, but that didn't count! Didn't take much to finish, though I lost a stitch somewhere near the top and -- I dunno. It was weird, but it worked.

And I started my planned basic EZ raglan bottom-up sweater with Dale Sisik and got almost all of the hem done, and...



Decided I don't much like the yarn. It's lovely stuff: single ply wool with flecks of color, but it's just not me. Sooooo... I think I'm going to sell it and buy more-me yarn. Sisik yarn anyone? In navy blue with primary-color flecks?

Now that the sisik sweater has been discarded, what to do next? A basic EZ raglan bottom-up sweater in keener yarn? Or finally tackle the Rebecca Wrap With Sleeves?

I wonder, I wonder.

I'd like to make something out of Sundara's semi-solid yarn, but, eeee, it's expensive.

Also, I got sock yarn! (Cobalt still scares me. I'll get to that later). It's luscious. I bought it at Tangled Web (one of my LYSs in Philadelphia, the other being The Knit With, which may or may not sell up the yarn price by 50% (Bearfoot sock yarn at $40/skein? That seems really, really... not right)).

Mmm, Claudia handpaint...



Anklet socks. I was hoping for a nice eyelet pattern, but I couldn't find anything I liked. Straight stockinette it is, then.

4 comments:

KnittenKnots said...

Cute hat! I loved your mittens too - they really turned out nicely...

Heather said...

I see what you mean about the Sisik. Maybe it's the blue and fleck combination? It seems like I liked other colorways when I saw them. Hm.

Anyway, try ebay, lots of poor knitters who can't hold back shop there!

flwrhead said...

I.love.those.colors. And your new blog look! Hooray! $40 for sock yarn is for people who have more money than sense, if you ask me.

Emily said...

Knittenknots: Thanks!

Heather: I'm thinking destash.blogspot.com, but blogger's being a Big Dumb Jerk and making it hard to sign up. Erg.

Flwrhead: Yeah, sock yarn has to be some damn fine stuff for me to pay $40/skein. They should massage my feet and wash themselves. And cast itself on with proper gauging, because I just have the worst time with that.