Monday, August 25, 2008

A second gold!



ravelympics2k8


With two days to spare I finished the acrylic monstrosity!

IMG_0172.JPG


It needs buttons still but WHATEVER, I'm calling it done.

For the record, it's definitely still a monstrosity. Here! A list of annoying things regarding the "Ready to Play" jumper.

1. It's acrylic.
1b. crappy acrylic. Really crappy acrylic.
2. Flat-knit fair isle. Purling with two colors sucks.
3. The original knitter did a float on every stitch on the purled row, not every 3rd or 4th stitch, which takes approximately FOREVER. So I didn't do it. So it doesn't match on the inside. Shhh.
4. Not only are the colors unappealing, but the pattern itself... not so great. However, I'm open to the option that it might not be horrible if done differently.
5. Since it's acrylic you can't really block it (as far as I can tell). It looks a little wonky, and I don't know if I can fix it.

IMG_0173.JPG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A float pin-down for EVERY STITCH??? Madness! I'm knitting a sweater with bits of flat fair isle and yes, it's a pain on the purl side, but at least the whole thing's not patterned.

Congrats on your perseverance!