Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thing I've learned
#16. It is never a bad idea to carry a knitting project with you.

Well! After ripping, re-knitting, knitting new and omg-I-hate-this-so-much grafting, the biggest pain in the ass sweater ever is closer to done!



So now I can weave in the remaining ends and maybe re-sew the sleeves and add a button and maybe re-block it and then I'm done, right?

FALSE!

Observe:


That is my poor, poor grafting start-and-end point. I don't EVEN know how to fix it. HOWEVER, it's right in the middle of a sea of stockinette and HI stands out so painfully much.

Maybe a tastefully placed pin?

(The other tragedy? It still doesn't look very good on me. It's cozy, though).

#17. There are professional finishers for a reason. And it's not just because people are lazy, Lazy McLazypants.

#18. As clever as it is normally, seaming with embroidery floss is NOT a good idea with bulky yarn.