Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Over the weekend I had some request for a color palette generator. I'd been using it to custom-ify my blog (though I can't fix that one stripe of green -- arg!), but it was pointed out that it'd work really well for dying. These both bring out colors from a picture that you upload, and give the hex number of the colors.

So here's the word on the two best that I've found:

This one requires uploading from your computer. It allows from 9-27 variations, but doesn't always pick up all the major colors.

This one requires uploading from a URL. It offers 10 colors -- a set of 5 full and 5 vibrant. It's better at pulling the main colors of the picture -- no matter how small.

In the end, though, I used this one for my pink/gray scheme.

Hey, does anyone have a recommendation for a blog hit counter?

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Hey - I use: http://www.sitemeter.com/

It's free and it's pretty cool. Gives you several options how to put it on your blog. Hope this helps. Thanks for sharing the color palette information - very cool!

Anonymous said...

I think I use sitemeter as well. Although it doesn't seem to have the same count as Wordpress' internal blog stat info.

But they do provide you with choices as to whether you want to count visits or visitors. I generally like to count new people, though of course this isn't entirely accurate since you will count as different people if you visit from differnt computers.

At any rate. Good luck! (And come join the Red Scarf Knitalong.)